Wednesday 17 February 2021

After Quilts

 I have been trying to use up scraps left over from finished tops. If I can't I put them in my scrap bin in a bag so I can locate them more easily, either a particular fabric or the combination. I did this with the Fibonacci scraps thinking they will be suitable for a bag. There's an Oast workshop in March. 



I have thought of these as leftover quilts but Karen Brown of Just Get It Done Quilts (I've been watching a lot of her YouTube videos lately) calls them "after quilts" which I like.

I did this with my Crisscross quilt using up leftover HSTs (plus a few extras) to make Breaking Dishes. As quite often happens the after quilt is quilted and bound before the original one perhaps because I take a more casual gung ho approach.


Breaking Dishes, all done.

Detail






Two Tulips followed the Tiptoe quilt and the last few 2" squares went into a doll quilt.

Doll Quilt

Two Tulips

Tiptoe, the original version


No comments: