Saturday 14 November 2020

Use it Up

 


I had leftovers from the Tiptoe quilt including two tulip blocks and couldn't bear to throw them away so set about combining the bits and pieces to make a 24" quilt. Then I did throw the extra bits away. I should have been binding my Roman Crosses quilt but I like piecing best so was lured away. Now of course I have set myself up for more quilting and binding. I laid out what I had and then made 6 nine patches with the blue in the corners.



When I sewed it together AND glue basted it I realised  I had  misaligned the red tulip. I couldn't stand it so decided to unpick. As I was trying to bring up BBC Sounds and the broadband was playing up I had a stressed nose bleed and drops landed on my unpicking. Off to the bathroom to rinse and wash with a Vanish bar  but I'll have to wait till it dries.



Then it was time for a Guild Zoom talk by Carole Lyles Shaw. That's why I was stressed about the Broadband but I needn't have worried as it came back quicker than ever.

No comments: