Tuesday 17 November 2020

Hmmmm

 Every money barring August and December  it's time to submit a requested block to one of the Siblings Together Bee 3 group. June  2020 was my turn. 


My two examples


All the blocks were well made but some of the fabric choices were a bit unexpected - I'd asked for bright modern fabrics. I felt I couldn't set them side by side and the current plan is to set them 4 by six but alternately with a red or blue framed block.

The blocks set out

Layout try outs



I now realise why my fellow Siblings Together Bee members often stipulate white as a background. It does tie things together but I'm not keen on white for teenagers, especially boys. (Sorry for the stereotyping but it applies in many cases.)

I've laid it aside for now. Roman Crosses binding is nearly complete and then I shall sandwich, quilt and bind two little quilts.




No comments: