Saturday 21 November 2020

Elementary

 

It's a good size, 64.5" x 74"

I finished binding my Elementary quilt in the week. I'm pleased with it. And I like the backing fabric hugely, Succulent by Heather Givens bought on sale. I've put it on the bed wrong side up.



I haven't finished my binding tasks: four more await, Roman Crosses and three lots of red binding. I am going to face the Cafe Curtains quilt and after a wrestle with my conscience have ordered an extra half yard of the fabric I want instead of substituting.

Last stage
Can you see me reflected in the window?

I set up both machines for binding tasks. My Janome by the window has a lovely wide walking foot for sewing through all the layers. My equally lovely Pfaff I used to join the binding strips into one long piece. 
Sewing set up. I can raise or lower the
height of the table the Pfaff is on but
not when the heavy machine is on it.


No comments: