Tuesday 15 September 2020

New Venture

 


In an burst of enthusiasm I signed up and paid up to join Ricky Tims'  Lizzie Albright quilt sampler classes. I liked the idea of learning lots of different blocks from Ricky. I will use them differently from his Attic windows quilt setting and I won't do the complex border because, very conveniently, I don't like it. Meanwhile I plan to do the blocks on Sunday (when the video comes out) and Monday.


We started last weekend by video - the classes are streamed so we have useful permanent access.

The blocks are 8" so nine patch designs don't work easily. Ricky has provided templates and cutting guides to get round this. I do know how to draft round this problem by slanting a ruler from corner to side of a square so that you have a measurement divisible by three (or 5, or 7) and placing a dot at the divisions and using these to mark vertical lines, Then repeat the other way. Anyway to my surprise my final Dove in the Window block came out exactly 8.5" square.






No comments: