Sunday 13 September 2020

Milestone reached

 


Yesterday in short order I made four more centres for the setting blocks, square in squares to add to the two stars from the day before and having cut all the pieces out, finished all six blocks comfortably. I laid five out on the reverse of the quilt on my bed. (I forgot about the sixth which was still on my display pad).



I decided on my final arrangement, took a photograph and labelled the blocks. My original plan was to join the blocks and quilt but I now plan to follow Carolyn Forster's directions and quilt as I go but by machine as I have enough hand quilting on the go.



I know I could have put my blue blocks to form a focus in the centre but I don't want to! 

As a postscript I've been reminded of a sort of fishnet pattern I used on earlier hand quilted quilts and may use it on the Jan Hassard HST quilt currently in progress. (I need access to a die cutter before I can proceed on that one.)



No comments: