Sunday, 20 September 2026

This and That


Detail

Border detail











I put the quilt I bought from Maggie on my bed. It's her version of fussy rotary cut four squares but hard to discern as it's such a lovely plethora of patterns. It has a lovely drape and looks great. But almost straightaway I had to relinquish it as it's going in the Oast Showcase in October. I'm away for set up day and for the Oast Open Day so needed to hand it over to someone beforehand along with two of my own.

Sunny detail

Westminster Chimes detail


 








None were in our show last month. There was a hand quilting theme to those; these celebrate Kaffe Fassett Collective fabrics.



I am getting on with my batik blocks and and I'm on the home straight. I'll join them into a top on a retreat. I have three retreats coming up which makes me very happy.

We had a Queen Beez Day and I bought Maggie's pattern which she showed us made up in Penny Jeffries' fabrics. She also completed a half finished piece handed to her by a customer. She does lovely crochet too.


Hanging diamonds


Next time we're going to work on our Shimmer quilts. About time in my case.

No comments: