Wednesday, 16 September 2026

Batik Trail

 

Pockets for phone, glasses, pens etc

Pocket for book etc and there are two side pockets







I made a carry all bag but didn't finish it in time to sell at our show.

I have one that I use all the time when staying away from home.

My carry all bag



Going through the cupboard I found a huge kit intended to be a strippy squares quilt. 





I decided to make St Brigid's Cross blocks: found in this book


The pattern picture










The picture looked simple but the piecing is more complicated than I thought with the cross having a framed centre and two pieced strips for the crosses plus insert plus partial piecing! But with all that the blocks can end up as a blob.

The cross is composed of a two strip unit with insert and the centre is a
framed square. The strip units are added to the oblong pieces and
these are partially pieced around the framed centre. I tried to assess the
right side of the batiks but didn't succeed with one of these oblongs. If I
use this block I'll change it round.

I have used less than half of the fabric so a strippy squares quilt may the best option.

No comments: