Sunday 17 January 2021

Now for the back

 


I couldn't find a single piece for the back of Breaking Dishes - I pieced three pieces of Laura Ashley lightweight curtaining fabric for the centre. Although I know it's not great quality I love the weight and feel of this which I think  I must have bought as a remnant at a stash sale. 


 Then I cut strips of my border fabric for the top and sides - I had to piece the side strips. I still didn't have enough which was an opportunity to insert a strip of pieces leftover from the top.





Using wadding from the roll would have led to wastage and I had pieces of poly I could tape together to make the piece just big enough.

By the time I had finished I had just a few 3" dark squares remaining and small scraps of the pink and the wadding. I think the pink may also be  Laura Ashley - her brushed cotton. The wadding is Hobbs Tuscany poly a really nice puffy quality with no kinks or creases. It makes for a very nice snuggly quilt. 



No comments: