Sunday 13 December 2020

Christmas cushions

I've photographed the pairs so I know which cover goes back on which pad. I'll put the everyday ones in the wash.

 Some months ago I decided to make more Christmas cushions from some blocks I found made in an applique course with Inger Milburn, a wonderful tutor at the Ashford Adult Education Centre. Now those wonderful craft courses which I and years ago my mother attended are no more. Anyway I made all my blocks in Christmas colours employing a different technique Inger showed us each week.

I enjoyed adding different borders to size up the blocks.

In the event I had to throw out two of the cushion pads when I took the regular covers off: one was leaking feathers and the other holey one bits of crumbling foam. So now I have just two.

This is hand appliqued; you can't see the stitches. I think my handwork was much better then.

This is satin stitch machine applique, quite exact. I suspect I was in less of a hurry then. Take note.


1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

I really like your cushions. I have been thinking of making some quilted covers for the old ones I have ... but when I look at all the stuff I have piled on the sofa, they probably wouldn't show. Then again, it might be a good use of extra coronaville houses to go with my quilt and table runner.