Thursday 24 December 2020

Busy Busy

I haven't been busy blogging but busy finishing up  including lots of binding. Now I'm onto labels. 

I have finished the CrissCross (as I have decided to call  it) top. I was thinking of adding a border but having put it on the bed I've decided it's just the right size, 72 by 81". I'll make note of this for future projects. Instead I'll put my idea for the border on the back with two viyella side strips to bring it up to size. 

I have also finished facing my "Frieda's Cafe Curtains" quilt and plan to add a hanging sleeve (more hand sewing) and photograph it hanging up. Watch this space.

Backing fabrics for CrissCross

CrissCross top on the bed
The rest of my finishes have been projects long awaiting completing, about 10 years in the case of the Tiptoe quilt and its Two Tulips leftovers version which I shall put in the sales/donation pile while Pinwheel Blossoms for which friends contributed blocks will be for charity.

"Two Tulips" 24.5" SQ.

"Tiptoe" started in a Janet Goddard FOQ class 50x58"

"Two Tulips" on the bed


Folksy backing for 
"Pinwheel Blossoms"






"Pinwheel Blossoms" (blocks from a Sarah Fielke class)
30.5x31"
Do you like my slippers?





No comments: