Wednesday 19 August 2020

Jelly Roll Crosses


 I have sewn down the last of the binding on my jelly roll crosses quilt. The jelly roll came "free" with a magazine subscription and the quilt be be sold or donated. Like many jelly roll projects the result is a little bit unsatisfactory and sameish but I think it will fit in with a lot of home decors. It's a lockdown quilt. 

After the rather mindless lockdown sewing I'm returning to some ongoing challenges starting with the Carolyn Forster BOM from 2019 Today's Quilter magazine. It's a hand piecing project but just to be awkward I am doing it by machine which for many of the blocks is MORE difficult and time consuming. This is Block 10 of 13 and there are 12 setting blocks.  It took up my sewing time over three days and there was a lot of unpicking.



No comments: