Monday 24 August 2020

Block 11

Block 11 awaiting applique circle and outer frame

 When I made the previous block after a long gap I forgot my approach to machining these. I struggled because I made finished size templates to cut out the pieces so I had no markings to assist me with tricky inset seams and angles. This time I placed finished size templates on the fabric and outlined the sewing line adding dots to the stopping places and then inserted the pencil in my brass quilters' wheel to follow around the card template to mark the cutting line. The latter is a wonderful device.

In the process

This shows the template, wheel and my drawn lines on a background piece.

1 comment:

cityquilter grace said...

that little gadget brings back memories of my early quilting days...i never had one but haven't seen one for ages...a great innovation for quilters...