Saturday 6 June 2020

Saturday


Well I've added a border to the jelly roll top but it's doubtful the border has added anything to the quilt. Designwise it would have worked better if it was wider than the sashing but I didn't want the quilt to be any bigger.
My task for today is to make the hanging sleeve for Celestial Timepiece. The jelly roll quilt will eventually land on a sales table or be donated. Another task with husband's help is to get some bags of fabric down from the loft. Having used up lots of wadding I have two spare shelves and I'm struggling with finding backing fabric and need more options.
Presents from Belinda

The post girl often brings goodies thanks to online purchases but this cornucopia of nice things came from dear friend Belinda. I keep the soft backed notebook by my bed where it's useful for jotting down all sorts of things.
And the clock in my sewing room which my parents bought with Green Shield stamps has died so I requested this one from Alan. It was just as I had hoped from the picture. Now tea might be on time.
My new clock

The weather has turned chilly so a thicker quilt was needed on the bed. It's the third bed quilt I made using Sally Schneider's "Mary's Triangles" technique. Although it uses leftovers it's very successful and we feel as if we are under the sea, a choppy sea.
Quilt on the bed

Binding cut on the bias.


No comments: