Monday 8 June 2020

Return

Rows forming on the floor

This was the third lockdown quilt I embarked on but got stymied because I ran out of the two main fabrics - I have loads of the tiny joining strip fabric needless to say. The brown carkai line  fabric was easy to replace but I can't find any more of the light fabric - all three fabrics are by Carolyn Friedlander, a favourite with me and with many. So the 8 "A" strips and 4 "B" strips are consistent but I'll have to substitute in the 3 "C" strips still to do. I miscut some pieces at the outset and then didn't notice a more economical approach after returning to the project until it was too late but I've learnt to be more philosophical about these lapses.
Rows pinned up ready to
sew

A's on left; B's on right

ABA sets; 3 C's still to wrangle.


No comments: