Saturday 10 August 2019

FOQ 4: from the modern section

Hilary Jackson: Birthday blues
This could equally be in the contemporary section - there is quite
a overlap between the two genres. I am a sucker for such great effects from simple piecing coupled with thoughtful use of colour
and placement.

Tatyana Duffie: Bauble 2
I hand pieced a single star rose block and enjoyed
it. I like the thought of one big piece like this. I've
 bought templates for both units, single and double. 

Eunsoo Kang: Hibiscus

Hibiscus detail
I am drawn to these large scale
shapes

Heulwen Price:Twinkling stars
This would be a super baby quilt.
Inspired, I now plan to use
a few of my "Hever" stars from
Judi Kirk's workshop to make
a quilt with plenty of blue
background.
 

Jean Twycross: Haphazard
hexagons
Appliqued hexagons
 commonly appear now.

No comments: