Saturday 6 January 2024

Chichester weekend

We spent an enjoyable weekend in Chichester in November, Alan going round and about while I attended the QGBI's Region 2 Open Day on Saturday and workshop on Sunday.
In the morning Yasmeen Branton talked about her work which brings a high level of skill to her fresh looking modern applique quilt designs. Trained at the Royal College of Needlework she also showed small pieces involving incredibly worked tiny details.
A very engaging speaker.


In the lunch hour there were mini demonstrations. I was particularly interested in the Kawandi one with Susanne Boulter.

Detail of Kawandi made in African wax prints
I

 I seem to have lost most of my workshop pictures apart from a general view. Yasmeen had taught applique on Friday but I did Two Strip mix up with the afternoon speaker Valerie Nesbitt of Just Hands On TV on the next day, Sunday. She also owns a shop near Hampton Court  Creative Quilting. I enjoyed the workshop so much I'll repeat it when Valerie comes to Oast in March.
Workshop held at the Eternal Maker



No comments: