Thursday 5 October 2023

Festival of Quilts remembered

 Recovering from flu (or Covid - will test) I have been collating my photos from Festival of Quilts so I can finally post them. There are quite a lot. I listed the categories and numbers as I went and now I've referred to the catalogue so I can ascribe them to the makers.

When attending the show I explore a category noting those that inspire me and only then go back and make my selection. I often watch a rolling slide show when ironing. I only see the ones on screen when I look up so it's a different selection each time.

I always start in the traditional section but don't take many photos, perhaps because there is more repetition.

Anne Beyer: Zanzibar Spices

Helen Gooderham: Kaleidoscope
Wonderful illusion of curves

This is Drunken Betsy by my friend Tracy Aplin, born out of a passion for 
Liberty fabrics, particularly the "Betsy" print of which there are 25+ different 
colourways here.

Judith Lyons: Heartstrings

Fiona Lindsay: Ophelia

Cath Brough: That's not my house - it has a
blue door

Pippa Moss: Sea Life
These quilts can take 2 years to make.
I have enjoyed see what Pippa comes up with 
most years.


No comments: