Monday 24 July 2023

Quilters' Quild Region Two Show at Lullingstone Castle

 Since the retreat quilty events have been coming up quick and fast but I contracted coronavirus at High Leigh and spent a week watching Wimbledone from the sofa till I tested negative on Friday. This has made me behind with loading photos and blogging.

I had intended to deliver quilts to Lullingstone and help set up but we had to drop them off with someone else but I was able to go on Sunday and bring them back for people.

Here are my efforts plus I made the raffle quilt which was won by Trudy one of the people I took back quilts for. She seemed delighted but I told her no strings attached.

Me standing next to the raffle quilt, pieced by me and quilted by Maggie

Cafe Walls, straight lines pieced by me circle qulting by Maggie

A favourite, Give & Take

Very odd Fib quilt but I love the fabrics and
 on the bed at a holiday cottage it looked
great and lit up the room so there!


I was a bit disappointed to see fewer large quilts but the quality was good.

This is Orion by Gill Nicholls, fantastic.

I love the strong colours of this one by Liz Coleman

Lesley Mariner: Christma is coming


The stars of the show were final quilts by followers of the Region 2 master quilter course, many of whom were there to be presented with their certificates. I had been following the progress of some and was very impressed with the variety of techniques and the effort put in. Friendships too were formed.

The wool wadding adds a lovely texture to Melinda's master quilt, "Modern strippy spirals"

The is Stephanie's master quilt, "A Year in my Life".

This is Jenny Pudney's very different master quilt, "Yogi".



And last but not least, Jacquie's "The Master Quilt".


No comments: