Monday 17 July 2023

Making Lynne Goldsworthy's Wedge Circle

I signed up for the Thread House Academy this year and have enjoyed the style of delivery and on our retreat Lynne Goldsworthy's scrappy Dresden Plate was my first project.

I made sets of four light/dark 2.5" strips
















I printed Lynn's templates onto (printable) freezer
paper and pressed them onto the strip sets
matching light and dark sections.



I used the drawn seam line not the edge of the
template as my guide.
Two pairs of wedgest from a strip set one with
darker shade at top, one wither lighter

Here they are in separate pile ready to sew in pairs!

At this stage alternate pairs were sewn together and bright oblongs sewn across the tops. This then was folded right sides together and sewn across the top and pressed out to form a folded triangle.
All were joined first in quarter circles then semis and finally in a round. If my quarter circles were not right Maggie showed me how to correct them by making two or three seams a smidgen wider at the bottom.
Sewn pairs






Thanks to Maggie my "plate" is pretty well perfect. Now for the centre circle.


 

First semi circle with oblongs folded to form
triangles


No comments: