Friday 11 November 2022

Picture Play and Rumble in the Jungle

 

I have been making a picture play quilt for a little refugee girl who with her mother lives round the corner. I hope she's still there when it is finished but if not the host family may know how to pass it on. I just have facing to do which I hope to add today.

I'll use the backing trimmings to make the facings.
I'll use the backing trimmings to make the facings.

Last night I finished Rumble in the Jungle using Laurel Burch fabrics and Kona black with some of the blocks made by members of the 37NL swap group hosted by Blogging Near Philadelphia



Having made an earlier quilt I made several more "Boys' Nonsense" blocks to bring it up to 55.5" x 62".

Boys' Nonsense block

A less obvious version







To quilt it it Maggie used variegated thread and included monkeys!




No comments: