Wednesday 7 July 2021

Windmills

 Despite the need to get on with longstanding UFOs I still get waylaid by the prospect of Zoom workshops with favoured practitioners. This time it was Sujata Shah and Windmills under the aegis of the Quilters' Guild. The class was in our afternoon and the blocks with her hints and tips went together so fast I decided not to stick to samples but to push ahead with my hand dyes and make enough for a colourful baby quilt.

Layering fabrics and transposing in stack and slash mode:


Centre fabric swapped out

Untrimmed finshed unit










And the top:


Setting out units











I found it helped to make a pressing diagram as I sewed in four patches with the seam allowances unpicked and the seams swirled.

This evolves as I go along.

Her book (she doesn't plan another one) is fantastic value with lots of projects, ideas and variations. I want to make so many of them. 


No comments: