Thursday 8 July 2021

Serendipity X Factor workshop

 Saturday 3rd July was a very good day beginning with a 8 am - 11 am workshop with Brenda Gael Smith then a trip to Lyminge for the Ethelburga's Quilt Show in St Ethelburga's church (next blog post), Anglo Saxon battle re-enactments and a very jolly lunch where the three tablefuls all chatted to each other and shared a young girl's birthday cake. Then home where I completed my samples with Wimbledon in the background and in the evening England won 4-0; the second half was the one time I've actually been able to enjoy watching them play. I'm usually on tenterhooks but 4-0 seemed a fairly comfortable cushion. 

Workshop samples


I made the samples but having made Sujata's windmills am going to opt for the "Suzani" nine patch cross: the centre square makes assembly easier and I prefer it. It's a layer cake friendly design and I am using a treasured Carolyn Friedlander Carkai layer cake. As I think I will like this quilt 42 squares aren't enough so I shall cut out more from my stash during the Usual Suspects Zoom tonight.

Light medium and dark layer cake piles

Cutting extra squares


No comments: