Friday 4 December 2020

Advent

 


On  1st December I put what I think of as my Advent Quilt on the bed where it will remain until Christmas Eve, the longest time for any single quilt. On the 24th it's time for my Christmas Quilt until 6th January, Twelfth Night, when it's time for my New Year Millennium Quilt. These are my only fixed dates though I do have dark days quilts, summer and autumn quilts and vintage lightweight quilts for when it's hot.

Corners




I am very fond of this quilt which I thought I was going to give to a relative but I couldn't bear to part with it. I like the combination of machine and simple hand stitching, the weight of the wool blend wadding and the careful matching at the corners. I also made myself use a super brushed cotton for the backing.

Backing fabric plus hanging sleeve


2 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Beautiful quilt on the bed. Love it!

Julie Fukuda said...

How nice to see that lovely quilt displayed on a bed. It makes me think of all my quilts that have not been given away and are folded up in a pile. Even my book club quilt I slept under in the summer has been replaced by a sleeping bag.