Thursday 22 October 2020

Back in the flow

Sewing room
It was good to be back in my own sewing space and it's set up with the Janome at one side for walking foot quilting my BOM blocks and Pfaff at the other for finishing my tulips top. I am determined to finish the projects I took to Belsey with me and not put them away. 

Chartham Hatch once a two classroom school

Best of all was getting back together with three of the Usual Suspects  plus two other good friends to spend a day together at Chartham Hatch. In the photo Stephanie is sewing without a table because we took three to lay out a quilt for glue basting and tacking.

Maggie's wonderful Star Rose quilt based on Tracy's workshop using lovely fabrics and colours. She painted the bees.
Stephanie's blocks from one of the Farmer's Wife books


Detail: showing the expert quilting Maggie did on her long arm machine.

Sandra's hand pieced and hand quilted half apple core quilt


 



  

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

I am really impressed with how some quilters can make a machine behave that well. I like those bees to and all the other work. I envy your circles of friends who enjoy the same things.