Monday 20 July 2020

Sandwiches


I took a whole day sandwiching my Lockdown Logs quilt as I tacked it. I prefer this method When I plan to hand quilt. I miss my previous quilting project. I work over a table as I think crawling over a large quilt on the floor is bound to cause puckers.
The other two, Roman Crosses quilts, I spray basted which was very quickly done. I'll machine quilt these.

Quilting in the ditch around the lockdown logs was the work of an afternoon though I still must go round along the inner edge of the border and in the border itself. Then I'll hand quilt the setting squares and bind it before going on to quilt inside the blocks. 

I plan to adapt the pattern of the slats on the back of my outdoor chairs for the design.
Add caption

2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

That is a big quilt and it will be fun to see how it goes along. I have spent the day cutting logs for a cabin too, but I have yet to decide how I will meet this challenge. Each year, a small group of friends meet up at the Tokyo Dome show and we always decide on a challenge to show at the next dome show. I think I am the last one to get started but it may not matter because the show has been cancelled.

cityquilter grace said...

mary i baste all my big quilts this way....always works well...pretty quilt!