Sunday 12 July 2020

Quilt for Belinda

Quilt for Belinda laid out on my bed. We used 1930's fabrics.

I have had a blog hiatus while making blocks to contribute for a friend who has been having a few health problems lately. Five of us were involved one of whom, Maggie, assembled and bordered the blocks, quilted it on her long arm machine and attached the binding and sleeve. I stitched down the binding and sleeve and attached Tracy's beautiful label. She added the stitched text to a vintage embroidered cloth. Yesterday I delivered the quilt though the recipient was out but she later posted a lovely picture with the quilt draped round her. She was very touched and happy.
Label stitched by Tracy

Detail of binding,backing and quilting design. I had bought the backing from Maggie's stash sale stall. Maggie chose a perfect binding fabric to go with the front and the back.

No comments: