Sunday 26 July 2020

More quilts at the Turner


The main reason why my posts have thinned out is because so much of my posting was about quilt events and quilty gatherings and sharing of other work than my own. Quiltmaking is a slow process so although we can share the process finishes are not so frequent. This weekend should be the Oast Showcase  now postponed till next year. The previous weekend should have been Oast weekend and the Region 2 Show and Lullingstone. Festival of Quilts at the NEC was scheduled for the first weekend of August.
In June my quilt retreat and the Sandown show did not happen. Fortnightly and monthly group and house group meetings are not happening. I know this is small beer compared to other disruptions but my own situation has made me aware of how deep and widespread are these small personal losses as well as the global and national economic implications.
So the reopening of the We Will Walk show albeit masked, sanitised and distanced was very welcome.
One side

The other side

This sort of quilt looks deceptively artless and simple but working in this way is difficult for most. I would love to be able to manage  large and disparate pieces of fabric so successfully.


I don't have the captions for these quilts laid out flat:



No comments: