Wednesday 8 July 2020

Frieda's Cafe Curtains

Looking at the small image on the upload page the optical illusion (cafe Walls) is very apparent not so much to the naked eye. The lines are straight but can appear wayward - try half closing your eyes. This is a Christa Quilts pattern. I was surprised at the size of the squares, 5 inches. I made mine to fit my bed, 82" wide and 77" long. I have a bed on legs and a small foot board so don't need very long quilts. I used Carolyn Friedlander fabrics hence the Frieda and curtains because this is fabric not wallpaper.

In the final stages of making I was fed up with this as a hopeless case visually but am warming to its simplicity. The fact the optical illusion doesn't work close up makes it quite restful. The pattern recommends interlocking circles quilting to "heighten the illusion" so it is going to be long arm quilted: Maggie has a suitable pattern.

No comments: