Monday 25 May 2020

Bits & Bobs




These are "Mrs Quilter" geraniums. One was given to me but it died but another friend gave me a plant taken from hers which stayed outside all winter. That's the large one at the back. The two front ones are cuttings I raised on my kitchen window sill. The flowers aren't up to much but the leaves change colour in an interesting way from pale green to variegated and back again.

This pile of gorgeousness is the Colour Quest rainbow colour bundle from Purple Stitches, a lockdown treat. Making my rainbow outside piece made me realise how few colours I have. I'll use many of these for Siblings Together block requests starting with my own in June.

In the sewing room I am using up the last of the Lockdown Logs and Roman Crosses on a strippy back for the Crosses top. It's taking as long or longer than the top. The stripey fabric is cheesecloth; the rough texture will help to keep the quilt on the bed.

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Those strips are looking good. I like using Japanese tenugui for the same reason as it is less likely to slip off the bed. That rainbow seems to be waiting patiently for its day in the sun.