Friday 24 April 2020

Finishing the chequerboard quilt

Machine quilting this wasn't hard as I didn't need to turn it, just sew from one side to the other,first vertically on either side of the block seams and centre block seams then horizontally though the two inner block seams. I use a big stitch and reduced tension and foot pressure. I was very anxious after the first few inches but in my present gungho approach carried on regardless. The wide Janome walking foot makes for a good width away. I'm pleased with the result. I used the backing trimmings to make a facing and added to the pile of quilts awaiting hand sewing to finish.

Quilting

Facing
I used a skirt waistband approach for the first time which makes for neater corners. I referred to an Elm Street Quilts Blog tutorial.

The pile

No comments: