Saturday 11 April 2020

Easter

I am still proceeding with my quilting. The end of my hand quilting project is in sight. I need to start thinking about making another project, a keeper, worthy of hand quilting. Probably my modern sampler.
Flowery mystery, not quite finished


Meanwhile yesterday I spray sandwiched the Cherrywood tops, both with woven check backings. During the week I quilted the flowery sample mystery with an undulating stitch and added facing. I just have one side to stitch down along with bindings on my Siblings Together quilt and the Leafy Mystery. Hmm that's enough hand sewing to be going on with.  When the weather turns on Monday I'll start something new, a pattern I bought at QuiltCon though I had already stuck a picture of something similar in my book as something to try to work out. It's an optical illusion as in straight lines appearing as curved.
I might have two machines set up in separate rooms, one for the new project and one for quilting my Cherrywood quilts which are to be sales or donations.
In the meantime . .
Changed the bed

Sheep by Gail Lawther

Mice from my daughter

Clever sheep: Gail made this to order.
It's one of her New Zealand inspired pieces.

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

I love the combination of fabrics on that flower quilt. I am wishing for a bit of piecing when my fingers get tired of quilting, but most of that is take-along work and I'm not going anywhere these days. I still have the feedsack quilt waiting for quilting too.I wonder if this "down time" is going to last that long. Those sheep are so cleavor.