Sunday 15 March 2020

Brian the Magnificent

At last my snail is complete - it was painstaking and slightly addictive but for me quite arduous. I did replace the long thin bit at the bottom of the shell as the dark fabric made it look as if I had missed a bit and also the second row down of the body.
I don't know where snails' eyes are but I've given him a bright red one.

Dark fabric in place - its point meets the body at the right of the picture

Dark fabric at base of shell replaced but now I don't like the second row of the body.


All done
I have the option of leaving uncovered or covering with net. My plan is to leave uncovered and quilt in straight lines with taupe invisible thread.

Now for some regular quilting.

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Fancy snail! Slow and steady wins the race, it is said.