Wednesday 22 January 2020

First trip of 2020

The usual combination of three set off for Farnham on the Sunday 12th arriving at 1pm to take advantage of the late entrance fee. I spent more time shopping than usual but to good effect and enjoyed going round more or less together. Judi was buying for the Oast Quilters' raffle and combined good priced FQ's very thoughtfully.
The red fabric is 108" wide and was only £10 a metre. It's the same as on my "Amish" ninepatches quilt from over 15 years ago and I've been looking for more ever since. I wish I'd found it in time to go on the back of my Joseph's Coat quilt. The blue is a heavier weight bought from the same stall. The cacti pots fabric was in the £3 metre pile under another table. I bought the rest of the bolt. It's lovely  quality and I can back a quilt with it and give the surplus to Belinda who has the whole collection.


So I had less time for the quilts and demonstrations and for photos than usual, only two!
This is Penny Mitchell's Sewers Quilt" made from sewing themed fat eighths bought "blind" by her husband on the internet.



This is by Brigitte Gillespie, "The Super Star Quilt in a day"
which she is going to teach at the Farnham Maltings. 

No comments: