Sunday 19 January 2020

Borders 05: pieced

Fabrics cut right sides together

Strips sewn together and sub cut into two patches which are
joined to make four patches and in turn to make borders the required length.

There are lots of options for pieced borders. I chose to make pieced squares. First I cut 2" strips and sewed them together, then subcut into two patches and then sewed these together into four patches. I followed the same alignment so that when I snipped the surplus stitches at the centre seam crossing of the four patches I could make the seams turn the same way so that they all nested together when I joined them to form the borders. See illustration HERE, at the end of my blog post for Monday October 1st 2018.
I needed 4 four patches for the first border, 5 for the second and third and 6 for the final one, 20 in all.
First 12" finished size border added
with five 4-patches ready to join for the
second border,

Last two borders  to attach.

Completed

No comments: