Friday 27 September 2019

At home

Jan's quilt

On Saturday at Oast we had very good talks by novelist, Liz  Trenow on the Joy of Silk and in the afternoon Jan Hassard showed us her quilts made over many years of teaching. No one went to sleep her quilts were so dazzling and her talk so down to earth and enthusiastic. On Monday I went to  her Scintillating Scraps workshop, easy shapes but lots of sorting according to value and colour.
My first block and I had to unpick!!
Can you spot the misplacing?
Uses light dark and medium fabrics.


Detail of Jan's quilt
Truly scintillating


Jan's inspiration board

Student work

More student work

2 comments:

Sue Jennings said...

Great photo of Jan's Scrumptious Scraps. I worked on scrappy log cabins on the day, but am very tempted to try Scrumptious Scraps. Your photo will be a big help when it comes to positioning the fabrics!

Julie Fukuda said...

Wow! I see some possibilities for my vast collection of rescue florals!