Friday 7 June 2019

An old friend and a new block

Fran's Piece o' Cake "Pocketful of Posies"
Bonnies met again after holiday breaks to resume our bag. I can see my way clearer with it now but nothing to photograph as yet.  Fran pointed out her Pocketful of Posies quilt on the bed, summery and bright. 
First attempt

After the Quay Show  I needed to catch up on my Siblings Together May block for the Bee. It's so interesting exploring new patterns and techniques. Mags'  "Adori" log cabin variation from the Bonjour Quilts site (link leads you to the tutorial with cutting plan, measurements and construction). This proved to be very cleverly and economically constructed with strip piecing.
Setting out the  block






Lime and white strips joined

Now sliced into segments, one for
each corner of the block.

Completed block 2

I made a second block because thanks to all the seams and my less than accurate sewing the size was off. The second time I made the white strips and squares wider so I could trim the block exactly. I'm very happy with the result. 

No comments: