Tuesday 28 May 2019

Birthday treat starting with Abbey Patchers

My husband selected this for Visitors' Choice

Started in a class with Sarah Fielke

I took this hanging over a pew because I am also making a quilt of the crosses (QOTC)

This is the Star Rose design. I did hand pieced block in a workshop with Tracy Aplin

Looks a Eydta Sitar design

I loved the effect of the fabric choices

There were several lovely frame quilts

My birthday proved a wonderful treat and after croissant and crumpet for breakfast we visited a quilt show in an ancient church. This was followed by a lovely lunch at a seaside hotel and a walk along the beach. We ended up at the Turner Contemporary Gallery in Margate where there was an exhibition of seaside photographs.
Botany Bay

The Turner (and Alan) in Margate


1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Those are really inspiring quilts. I have made several of those Lucy Boston quilts and like the variety that comes with it.