Saturday 16 February 2019

First Finish

Westminster Chimes is my first finish of 2019. It's been a long planned project since I saw a similar one from Kaffe's then current book on the Cotton Patch stand at FOQ some years ago. I upsized the blocks and the square in a square sashing pieces. There were still an awful lot of these to sew and I joined blocks and sashings quilt as you go with extra backing fabric turned under. I'm off QAYG for a bit. It did make cross hatching the blocks easier though and I got to look close up at those gorgeous Kaffe Fassett and Philip Jacobs fabrics made for Westminster fabrics. Hence the name. Now I can use remaining  Westminster scraps to finish off workshop projects from Houston and to contribute to a Jan Hassard Workshop at Oast in September.
78.5" square

And this 2018 finish is having its first outing - it fits quite well on the spare single bed.

No comments: