Sunday 6 January 2019

Happy New Year

My quilting resolution is to finish quilts. To this end I am piecing my Westminster blocks, machine quilting them and joining then QAYG. I'll need to buy more wadding, though - Quilters' Dream Request, a thin cotton. The pieces feel nice and light. I didn't start with a complete batt, though.  I'm also hand quilting a quilt top from long ago. I've drafted the design and at the moment I'm not altogether convinced I'm adding value. However there is illness in the house and this gives me an occupation while sitting with the patient. I've also completed the next instalment of Carolyn Forster's BOM, again by machine. I changed it slightly. The orange and triangle shape should have been one piece but I like the suggestion of an underlying square better.

No comments: