Sunday 30 September 2018

Sewing at the seaside

Just had a lovely weekend with friends by the sea for 3+ days of sewing, film viewing, walking and enjoying each others' company.  While others worked on major personal projects, I used my time to do "jobs": swap block instructions for October (will post tomorrow)and star log cabin prep. for a star log cabin session with the U3A in November (will post at the time). Also a lovely day making stars for Maggie's and my joint quilt for our fellow Queen Beez member though I was a bit dispirited by how much more Maggie got done. But the weekend is also for relaxing too though I am slower than most. Lots more companionable sewing in the next two weeks and then perhaps more time "getting on" at home.
 My stars, not good colour representation.

So far. The pattern is in one of Tilda's books Quilting from the Heart (?) by Tone Finnanger and the fabrics include many "Tilda's".
Cheers!
I'm on the right in grey.

No comments: