Monday 3 September 2018

Last Post for Quilters Guild Region Two Quilt Show

 For many years (27) Hever Castle and gardens has hosted the Quilters' Guild Region 2 Quilt show providing the marquee and quilt stands. Next year it will be discontinued but we will be able to keep the quilt stands. I helped set up and on Friday volunteered on the adult help desk and demonstrating and I managed to take pictures in just one section. I went back on Sunday with Alan and took more then.  A sad time but some super quilts and let's hope we find a new venue.
Raffle quilt

My Katie's Krazes

Sheila Cather: Animals for Freddy
A Lesley Brankin pattern

Julie Barnes:Flying Oranges
Beautifully long arm quilted by herself

Detail of Julie's quilt

Aboriginal Antics by Vivien Hopkins
I loved this one

Detail of the Australian fabrics

Queen Tracy's Cross by Tracy Aplin based on a Jen Kingwell pattern


Julie Barnes: Dear Jane if only we had met
Another lovely quilt by Julie

I think this is Deborah Harding's Peace and
Healing Quilt one of my favourites.

Jenny Morris: Fantasia
Based on Judy Sisneros Nine Patch
Pizzazz book which reminded me
I've always wanted to have a go
at this approach.

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Surely there must be a place that would sponsor this wonderful show. Good luck.