Monday 17 July 2017

U3A Taster Day

Blocks on my sewing room floor

With first border (partially pieced so it goes round and round)

I held two U3A taster days at my house, one for five people and the next four.  We made our way through EPP tumbling blocks, patchwork with templates, rotary cutter strip piecing and anything goes stack and slash. They were very enthusiastic and I think several will go on with it either with the U3A or Quay Quilters. The pieces they made will be for a charity quilt and there is enough from this and an earlier year for two quilts.of twelve blocks each. This first one I plan to donate to Siblings Together, a summer camp for brothers and sisters separated by fostering or family breakdown.. They want quite large quilts so I have added a five inch border with a further strippy 5" border to come. Currently it measures 46" by 58". We used Cherrywood fabrics and I now aim to use up as much of my stock of these as I can now that I've used it for several chari several charity quilts and one for me.

No comments: