Friday 5 August 2016

Linus Quilts

I have shoeboxes containing 2", 3",4"and 6" squares in the manner of Ami Simms' Picture Play book and I've challenged friends and group members to make 12" blocks from any combination they choose or up to 10" framed to finish at 12"and I made quite a few myself and I've been combining them for Linus quilts and to my surprise they total seven so far these year. Some have been handed in but here are the latest.
Detail of spotty back and binding

Dancing cats binding and backing

Detail with yellow binding and more cats on back

Detail of dancing cats backing

Yellow binding (proved to be non cotton
and horrible to sew) quilt

Spotty back quilt

This one joined Quilt As You Go with frames

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Those are going to make some kid very happy. I also have boxes (or tins) of cut blocks but none are as kid-friendly as those.