Tuesday 18 August 2015

Harbour Day

Whitstable Harbour


I went to Whitstable on Saturday and it was Harbour Day. Although there are hardly any people in my picture it was teeming very happily and I swarmed about with the rest of them and partook of an oyster. Meanwhile in Herne Bay it was the Air Show (where I had dropped off my husband) and planes grouped and regrouped overhead, notably the Red Arrows.
I visited the butcher's (Alan Long) and the greengrocers's as I always do here - you can get "proper" watercress for one thing but my main destination was the Whitstable Quilt Show  and here is some of the work on display there.
Sylvia Bowman: Purple Surprise from a Carolyn Forster class

Sandie Rogers: Scrap Happy

Madeleine Kavanagh: Midnight Origami from a Jenny Rayment Class

Rosemary Jordan: Odds and Ends

No comments: