Monday 8 June 2015

Braiding

Centre top done
There was quite a lot of sewing over the weekend. On Saturday there was an Oast workshop with Ann Wood which we all enjoyed and enjoyed too seeing everyone's different fabric choices. Ann had thoroughly prepared and there were extra detailed bite sized pieces of information as the day progressed so we could all absorb what we needed to know plus variations such as "stones" and a braid with half hexagons as well as strips. I have a very useful bag which is made with strips but it's nearing the end of its days so I made four strip sets for a fresh version.
Next to me Valerie was sewing up a scrappy
storm

At the end of the day

My neutrals

I liked this one very much and using a couple of the greens in a current project

Lynne's in lovely colours

Judi's made earlier with "stones"

On Sunday I sewed my rows of shell blocks together and then sewed the rows. Today I'll add the previously cut borders and then it will be long arm quilted.

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

I'd say that was a pretty inspiring event.