Tuesday 9 December 2014

Runners

U3A runners

Sheila is making a quilt

Penny with hers.

Here are the U3A patchworkers showing off their runners while Penny brought hers to Oast to show me. Well done everyone. This Jeanne Gentry project from British Patchwork and Quilting magazine has proved very popular with everyone. I did, however, redraft the heart wreath with compasses and a Masterpiece thread spool!
Still with the U3a my co- tutor, Margaret, made the winning entry for the Oast challenge, far ahead of the other entries with her exquisite piece "A Touch of Gold". It was interesting to see other interpretations of the "Take Five" theme. I liked the second runner up of the workman taking a break!


Margaret's piece, joined with beads.


A humorous take on Take Five
 

Today was the Quilters' Guild Stash Sale which raised money for the Guild and gave folk (not me!) a chance to sell surplus fabric. It was good to see U3A class members turn up to give support ie spend some money on very reasonably priced fabric! I helped sell someone else's stash and was reasonably disciplined about adding to my own focussing on blues for the next Bonny quilt project.

No comments: