Thursday 2 January 2014

Finishing post



On the floor
On the bed

I have finished the gargantuan quilt top now measuring 91" square, bigger than I like but perhaps a descendant will have a super king bed! Unlike my Bonnie colleagues I absolutely quail at the prospect of quiting this. It's heavy and hard to handle so I hope my longarming friend will take it on. I think her machine is big enough. I've prepared a tube of bias binding from the outer border fabric which I'll cut out tonight. I think I'll send this one to FOQ as it is a big effort quilt more common in the states than here.
It has been a good learning curve, an exercise in accuracy and I would like to tackle another frame quilt probably based on one in the Quilters' Guild collection and I'll draft it as a rectangle.
Show off day tomorrow at our Bonnies meeting - the 3rd was my deadline then it will be out of my hands.



Corner treatment detail

1 comment:

cityquilter grace said...

wow what a gorgeous quilt....