Thursday 21 November 2013

Rulers

On the retreat one of my deadline projects was to prepare some blocks to illustrate the use of some special rulers. Next Monday I'm going to a patchwork group to talk about ones used to make more common shapes in patchwork: half square and quarter square triangles, "Peaky & Spike", square in a square, 60 degree triangles and kaleidoscope shapes. Today I've tried to get going on assembling some of my motley units into a top and I am quite pleased. I like the serendipity of patchwork.


Easy Angle: HST's




Rulers Top: note square in a square blocks in the centre
and 60 degree equilateral triangles in the top right
large block.

Tri- Recs: Peaky & Spike



Tri Recs: Spikes

Easy Angle: HST's



Companion Angle: QST's



Peaky & Spike, HST's and Square in a Square

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

At least with the angle rulers, you don't have to worry about inches and centimeters!