Monday 9 September 2013

Mile a Minute




U3A Mile a Minute Linus Quilt
Wine tasting in a French vineyard
The MAM quilt is the blocks from the first U3A workshop that I assembled. I mitred the border and used a strip fabric for extra effect for the setting triangles. I felt the blue setting blocks were too bright but I limited myself to my stash so it had to do.

Below you can see me on the 8km (5 mile) wine walk we did yesterday where we tasted (not quaffed) 8 wines at four very different stops along the way from 8 different growers. We were provided with a glass and halter arrangement for it and various local delicacies were included too.
At the end we received our free very own vine which Alan will plant and we bought six bottles of beautiful 2011 reds including two from our favourite local grower and only woman of the eight, Marie-Pierre Raffault.

No comments: